Skip to main content 登录

Saint Paul College A Community & 技术学院

联系: Katie Sivanich | 651.403.4470 |

International 学生服务

Welcome, International Students! Saint Paul College is proud to have you as a part of our campus community. Below you will find information about maintaining your F-1 status, SEVIS, employment eligibility, 健康保险, and resources for living in Minnesota.

Your International Student Advisor is here to support you if you have questions about your F-1 status and being an international student at Saint Paul College.

Schedule an appointment with the International Student Advisor through 导航, or by calling 651.403.4470或发邮件

Maintaining your F-1 Status

International 学生服务 Forms

On-Campus 就业

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

IDs: SSN, Minnesota Driver’s License, and State ID



转移出去, 毕业, and 尽早撤军

资源 for International Students


Saint Paul College does not have any on-campus housing. Students are responsible for finding their own housing. There are many apartment options available throughout Saint Paul and Minneapolis.

Useful apartment search websites:

Saint Paul College also partners with two homestay agencies:

Public Transportation

There are public bus routes all over Minneapolis and Saint Paul, and two light rail train lines. As a Saint Paul College student, you can purchase an unlimited public bus and light rail 地铁交通 pass for $165/semester and $85/summer.

These passes can be purchased in the bookstore.

Find your bus or light rail route here: 地铁交通

  • Banking, Budgeting, Purchasing a Vehicle, and Loans
    • A financial resource document for international students
  • Saint Paul College Scholarship
    • The Saint Paul College scholarship application opens every 秋天 and Spring semester, and you have the option to apply for it after their first semester.
    • The scholarship website also lists external scholarships that may have different deadlines.
  • External Scholarship 搜索 Websites:
  • Saint Paul College Emergency Funds
    • Saint Paul College has an emergency fund for our current students to cover an unexpected financial emergency. Any current SPC student is eligible. You can apply for up to $500 per semester. The emergency fund is not intended to cover regular, ongoing expenses. Examples of emergencies are: a medical emergency and medical bills, serious illness or death of a family member back home, an unexpected catastrophic loss of income by a parent that is supporting you.

It is the student’s responsibility to know the F-1 regulations and to stay in compliance of the F-1 regulations. If you are arrested and charged with a crime (example: drinking and driving), it is highly recommended that you hire an attorney who knows both criminal law and immigration law. There are a few law firms in the Twin Cities that do both of these types of law:

If you are seeking support with changing your F-1 status to another status, 申请庇护, marriage or family matters, or other complex issues surrounding your status in the U.S., you can reach out to:


Saint Paul is an urban city and it’s important that you take the normal precautions you would in any large city. Be aware of your belongings, avoid walking alone at night, and don’t carrying large amounts of cash with you when possible.

  • United States Emergency Number: 911
    • If you feel you are in immediate danger, call 911.
    • You will be connected with a dispatcher. You will need to explain the danger, where you are located, and what help you need. Only call 911 in case of a true emergency.
  • 公共安全
    • The Saint Paul College 公共安全 team is here to keep the campus community safe.
    • If you are unsure if there is an emergency, or notice something suspicious or threatening on campus, you can call 公共安全 at 651.846.1322
Scams and Identity Theft

There are many scams that target international students, using potentially made-up visa issues to trick you into giving money or stealing your identity.

As a general rule, the U.S. Government, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Social 安全 Administration (SSA), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), USCIS, or any other U.S. government agency will never call you on the phone demanding personal information such as your name, address, social security details, or request money over the phone.

Never give away your personal information, 银行信息, social security number, credit card information, or other sensitive information to anyone over the phone or email that you do not know and trust.

Be cautious of anyone that attempts to contact you through e-mail, 社交媒体, or by phone that you do not know and is not verified to be from a government agency.

Mental 健康/咨询

Your mental 健康 is very important, and there are a lot of unique challenges that come with being an international student. It is important that you take care of yourself, both physically and mentally. Saint Paul College values your mental 健康 and wants to support good mental 健康. Your International Student Advisor and Saint Paul College staff are here for you.

Saint Paul College has Mental 健康 咨询 可用的服务. These 服务s are free and confidential for you to use as a student.

The Ramsey County Mental 健康 Crisis phone line is 651.266.7900 which is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Global Cultures Club

Recognized by the Office of 学生生活 and Diversity, the Global Cultures Club was established in 秋天 2019 with the first group of 26 international students from 16 different countries. The Global Cultures Club plans social events throughout the year. The main event is the "International Extravaganza" in April of every year.

Membership is open to any Saint Paul College student. You might consider running for the Club Board, which consists of a President, 副总统, 秘书, 和财务主管. The club has a budget, through 学生生活, to plan these social events.

Get to Know Minnesota!
One Click Away From Your Future
访问 应用 请求的信息